NICHOLAS D. GARRARD (Nick) was born and raised in the Mississippi Delta. He graduated cum laude from Ole Miss in 2003 with a B.A. degree in journalism, and earned his Juris Doctor from Ole Miss in 2006.
Mr. Garrard advises companies on a variety of day-to-day legal issues, and assists them in efficient handling of accounts and business practices. He also represents business clients as creditors in bankruptcy cases, and assists in collections and replevin matters. Mr. Garrard has experience in locating and developing relationships with local counsel in other states, and has overseen cases to ensure client satisfaction.
Additionally, Mr. Garrard maintains an active litigation and appellate practice. As an appellate attorney, Mr. Garrard has drafted briefs and successfully represented clients on cases before the appellate courts in Mississippi and North Carolina.
- Mississippi, 2007 all state and federal courts
- North Carolina, 2012 all state and federal courts
- Texas, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- Cherokee Tribal Court – Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation
- Choctaw Tribal Court – Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians
- University of Mississippi School of Law (Ole Miss), 2006
- Juris Doctor
- University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast Journalism
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Barn and Storage Rental Association – Advisory Board Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Eleventh Circuit Court District – Cleveland, Mississippi
- Judicial Law Clerk