Matthew R. Anthony (Matt) was born in Flowood, Mississippi in 1991 and grew up in Brandon, Mississippi. He received a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Mississippi in 2013 and his Juris Doctorate from Mississippi College School of Law in 2017. While in law school, Mr. Anthony was a member of the Moot Court Board and spent a semester as a research assistant in the legal writing department before accepting an internship with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office in the Policy and Research Division.
Mr. Anthony’s primary areas of practice are in general liability insurance and workers’ compensation defense. Prior to joining the firm in 2021, Mr. Anthony began his legal career at a local plaintiff’s firm before transitioning his practice to insurance defense at two well-established firms in the Jackson-Metro area.
- Mississippi, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi, 2017
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Cum Laude
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- University of Mississippi, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude
- Major: Political Science
- Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- Political Science Departmental Distinction Award
- Hinds Community College, 2011
- Associate of Arts, with honors
- Member of the Hinds CC Baseball Team, State Champion 2010.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute