David E. Stovall
DAVID E. STOVALL (David) was born in Flowood, Mississippi. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Mississippi State University in 2003. Mr. Stovall received his Master of Science degree from The University of Southern Mississippi in 2004 and his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Mississippi College School of Law in 2007. Mr. Stovall’s experience includes previously serving as a Senior Staff Attorney for the Mississippi State Personnel Board, as well as successfully litigating jury trials. His practice primarily consists of insurance defense litigation. Mr. Stovall is licensed to practice law in all Mississippi state courts, the Federal District Courts in Mississippi, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Current Employment Position(s):
- Mississippi, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Mississippi College School of Law, 2007
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Province 15 President
- 2006 MC Graduate Member of the Year
- The University of Southern Mississippi, 2004
- Master of Science, Instructional Technology
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Mississippi State University, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications - Public Relations and Communications Studies
- Honors: Alpha Theta Chi Honor Society
- University Honors Program
- Lambda Chi Alpha
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mississippi Bar Association Member
- Professionalism Committee
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Defense Research Institute
- Insurance Law Committee
- Governmental Liability Committee
- Trucking Law Committee
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Former Adjunct Professor, Hinds Community College, Rankin Branch
- Co-Author, Mississippi and North Carolina chapters, Excess and Umbrella Insurance State-by-State Compendium, Defense Research Institute, published January, 2012.
- Co-Author, Expert Advocacy: Beyond Selection, The Whisper, Newsletter of the Young Lawyers Committee, Defense Research Institute, Vol. 7, Issue 6, July 7, 2011.
- Co-Author, Beyond the Credentials of Opposing Experts, MDLA Quarterly, Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, Volume 35, Number 1, Spring, 2011.
- Co-Author, Chapter 10, The Standard for Ensuring that Reliable Expertise Gets to Jury—Novel Scientific Evidence, Daubert Compendium, Defense Research Institute, Spring, 2011.
- Co-Presenter, Select Your Expert | Support Your Expert | Strike the Opposing Expert, Corporate Counsel Committee Lunch and Learn Teleconference Series, Defense Research Institute, May 25, 2011.
- Co-Author, Expert Selection is Advocacy, The Whisper, Newsletter of the Young Lawyers Committee, Defense Research Institute, April 29, 2011.
- Co-Author, Stubborn Facts in Premises Liability Litigation, Marketer’s Update, Mississippi Petroleum Marketer’s and Convenience Stores Association, January/March, 2011.